Thursday, March 17, 2011

The scale moved and I'm done with my 6 months!!

In order to get approved for surgery, there are MANY things you have to do---
1. attempt 6 months of Dr. assisted weight loss
2. Lose a certain amount of weight based on your BMI - I have to lose 10 lbs from my start date.
3. You need to have a sleep apnea test, all vitamins checked, EKG, Girl test, scope, psych evaluation -- and whatever else I may be forgetting.

Today was the last day of my 6 month Dr assisted Diet,  I'm not done seeing Dr. Malec, but for the weight loss portion I am done!  (yay!)
I ate very little yesterday and nothing today and took water pills-- I ended up being down 4 lbs from my last visit with her.  I still have 5 lbs to go to qualify for the surgeon.  I still have several weeks left for that weigh in so it should be ok.

I met with the fitness trainer the other day and they told me the opposite of what my surgeon told me for working out-- so yeah, I'm a little confused,  I'm taking the stairs more at work and other steps like that.  I need to increase my working out time though-- by alot and quick.

Today I called about money - I was FREAKING OUT about how I am going to pay for all of this-- insurance companies are a nightmare to deal with sometimes.  I'm trying to make sure everything is lined up before I start incurring a ton of expenses without any way to pay for them.  I think its all figured out though.

I called Kellie today to ask a million questions- first I asked her if she had time to talk- she said yes- so I starting asking and talking-- then she says 'I'm with a patient' OMG- I just asked you if you had time and you said yes.... grrr!  I felt like an idiot then.

I also snapped at Paul today- maybe its from the low blood sugar or something???  I didn't sleep so well last night- that may also be why I am cranky.  Evan was not feeling well (he pulled his neck from doing forward rolls down the stairs) and was very needy yesterday and last night.  He woke me up about 20 times.
I told a few more people via email about the surgery- but still not my sister yet.  I'm just still not ready to have a big long discussion about it. 
The worst is when People don't respond at all to letting them know about it.  (Bridget and Nina)  that is just weird- and I don't know how to react to that.

Last week my sister in law had a miscarriage- my mother in law told us- not them yet.  I feel bad for them- also there is all kinds of junk happening in Japan from a huge earthquake-- I'm sure she's super stressed right now--- I feel super stressed too- but mine is obviously different.

No comments:

Post a Comment