Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I have a plan!

I'm not one of those people who just whines about problems- I'm a 'fixer' type person.  I fix things. 
I talked to Dawn about Saturday and we got off topic and I told her about the $6,000.  She gave me the best advice ever-- 'do you have a 401(k) with any money in that?  You can borrow against it if you do.' 

I honestly had no idea how much (if any) I had in there.  I thought I had signed up years ago- but couldn't really remember... so I found the website, my user ID was locked, so I called them and she walked me through on how to take out a loan against myself and pay it back with minimal penalties and no interest.  I was able to get over $4,000! On Friday, I may be able to take out a second loan that is half the amount of what is left in there- which will end up being around $2,000 more.  (that equals- $6,000)  WOW!  Whatta relief!  I was sweating it there for a second.  I can use a touch of that money to get caught up with bills too- not too much though.  I will have to pay myself back $40 biweekly for 4 years.  I have $40 worth of deductions that I can cancel out of my paychecks and use that to pay my 401k back without it making any impact on our budget at all!  Woo hoo!!

Since I was on the phone all day, I didn't get much done around the house, so Gail is going to watch Evan for me for a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment