Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ouchie today

I had my 'surgery' yesterday.  It was just a scope down my throat to see into my stomach.  I got pics of it too- which I will post at some point- just I'm a little tired today.  It hurts to swallow today.  Not horrible pain- but the first time I felt it I was thinking what the ---?  I slept in again today.  I was really drowsie from all the stuff from yesterday- we all got up really early and then drove to Akron then got weighed in-- which I will say I MADE MY WEIGHT GOAL!!  And then on to the surgery center- which is about 15 miles away... Dr. Chlysta was running late with an 'emergency' and we had to wait an extra 2 hours.  We left the house at 7AM and got home at about 5PM.  We were all beat! 

I am super excited that I made my weight- that was very exciting to me.  I made it with 0.2 lbs to spare.  Talk about cutting it close!  I wore shorts (despite it being cold out) and the lightest shirt and underwear I could find- no socks.  I trimmed my hair, shaved everywhere, took a shower the night before, gargled, blew my nose, peed before the weigh in, took a water pill. trimmed my nails, on and on- anything I could think of to lose a gram even- and whew!  I just made it.  I was so excited in the Dr.s office on the scale.

Today I have all kinds of bruises-- I was treated like a pin cushion two days in a row.  One day for blood work and the next trying to get an IV into me.  I have a fairly high tolerance for pain so I don't complain- but I did make some faces that one of the nurses noticed- I have a very expressive face.  I can't really hide anything with it.

When I told Dr. Chlysta about the weight being made he said 'YES!' in a very excited way- I've never seen him get excited about something before.  (maybe he was thinking now he can afford that new boat... ha ha)

Today I feel groggy- although lately I feel groggy alot.  I am trying to get my Synthroid increased to 50 to see if that will help or not.  I hope it does.  I'm tired of being tired.

Monday I have another sleep study/fitting for my CPAP machine.  I have sleep apnea- woo hoo.  The good news though is I don't have to go to work again til next Friday.  I can handle all this nonsense if it means not having to go into work for a week.  :)

They still haven't heard back on the status of the approvals from the insurance company yet- but I partly blame Kelly for that- she called them at 5PM on a Friday and no one was there so she left a message.  Um, OK.... so maybe Monday I'll know something.  I found out that they (Dr's office) don't sell the Unjury, so I have to buy that online -but I did get some of the vitamins from them.

So, next week should be a big week of finding out lots of things.  I still can't gain any weight at all- in fact they want me to keep losing... so I need to be careful- but I hope its all good news next week.  I need some good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment