Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sleep apnea test tonight!

Yippee.  I get to drive to Akron tonight and sleep alone in an unfamiliar bed and be awoken at 7:30 AM.  (middle of the night to me since I work later).  Paul says I have sleep apnea (like he knows) but if I do I guess they sell you some very pricey sleep gear... not looking forward to that at all.  My mom has the machine and all that and its loud and annoying... I guess in the hospital you have to bring your sleep apnea stuff with you.  They tell everyone that, as if every fat person has sleep apnea.  I know zero about it.  I don't really want to find out about it either because I doubt I'll ever wear that stupid mask for sleeping.  Its just a step to get approved for surgery- nothing more to me.  Lots of appointments coming up this month. 

The scale went up a hair.  Last night I ate 2 pieces of whole grain bread with butter and had a plain grilled chicken sandwich.  I did bad- but I was craving that so bad.  The scale now says 252.  Ugh!  So now its more focus focus focus for the next couple days until the big weigh in on Friday.  I'm still under 254 (which is all I need to be at for them) and that's even in the middle of the day and clothed... so hopefully all is still well with that.  I'm not too worried today about it. 

Things haven't been moving much lately so I took a handful of Senecot last night.  Needless to say today I had a horrible stomach ache -- but nothing really happening still.  Fantastic.  Just please don't 'kick in' while I'm having my sleep study.  My mom said they have to come in the room to remove junk off your head every time you try to get out of the bed to pee or anything.  Fantastic.  Just what I need- an audience while I pee. 

I hope this sleep test goes ok and just gets over with.  The more I think about it the more I don't want to do it.  I know I have to though- so that's the only thing keeping my appt right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment