Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sleep study stuff

Going to sleep in a hospital over an hour away from my house wasn't super awful- but I did miss my bed!  Oh, and the guys here too.  I hardly slept there.  I might have to go back- we'll see.  There are 2 reasons why I would have to go again.  1.  not enough data for them to read  2.  I have sleep apnea and they need to find treatment for me.  Hopefully I don't have to go back- but I am fully expecting them to tell me to come back at some point soon.  Next time I'll take an Ambien (they give them out) --although Ambien does do something to me- it makes me very uh, well I hit on Paul in my sleep when I'm on that stuff.   I of course have no recollection of it- so would that be good to take while I'm on camera?   Maybe not.  I did take an Excedrin PM while I was there but she took so long to get me hooked up to the wires that it kinda wore off by the time it was time for sleep. 

The girl that did the test 'Aimee' was 6-1/2 months pregnant with her second child.  This one is a boy and the first is a girl.  We got to know each other pretty well last night.  There was also a guy there that kinda resembled Vin Diesel a little (if you squint and he lost weight and didn't work out)- I'm glad I didn't have the guy hooking me up to all that stuff in my PJs. 

When I got up in the morning, I filled out a questionaire- they detached all the junk from me and I got dressed, cleaned up and left.  I went to McDonalds this morning (very bad Kim) but I ate Apples and then a little other stuff not quite as good- but I didn't go too far overboard.  The rest of today is slamming water, soup and salad.  I still weigh under the goal- so I should be fine for Fridays big weigh in.

I watched 'The Biggest Loser' last night on TV- I almost never watch TV- but there was nothing else to do there last night - so I did.  I hate how the show is so contrived and they play loud emotion inducing music to try to get a response out of the audience.  aside from that though- some of the contestants have lost over 100 lbs in 17 weeks.  That's pretty cool.  I might get a season of BL and try to 'compete' with them privately.  I guess they work out SEVEN HOURS per day!!  Wow!!  7?  Can I ever do that?  It doesn't sound possible right now to me.  - but maybe its something to shoot for. 

Now, I need Paul to find seasons 1-?? of the Biggest loser and see what their numbers were per week and their exercise regiments were.  From what I saw last night with them yelling out 'last chance workout' every 5 seconds (how annoying is that?) they make them do all kinds of cross training and they work them really hard.  Whatever it takes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment